ICOMIA - the International Council of Marine Industry Associations
ICOMIA was formed in 1966 to bring together in one global organisation all the national boating federations and other bodies involved in the recreational marine industry, and to represent them at international level.
- Provides for its members a forum in which to consider issues of common concern, to collect relevant data and to formulate agreed policy.
- Seeks to break down all barriers to trade, including the removal of unnecessary or unviable legislation.
- Promotes awareness of the recreational marine industry's requirements and objectives, including the improvement of boating safety.
- Maintains close dialogue with international bodies, national governments and other regulatory authorities on behalf of its members.
- Supports its members in every way possible and gives recommendations and guidance on compliance with new international standards and regulations. publishes its opinions and recommendations, and formulates draft international standards and codes of practice.
- Promotes the concept of recreational boating as being in harmony with a clean and attractive marine environment.
- Assists in the promotion of recreational boating as being fun and available for all.
- Cares for the environment as part of our core values.