Outreach & Support
Need a Conference Speaker
Within the membership of IMG are many professionals and executives who possess a wealth of knowledge and expertise in development planning and operational, environmental and financial management of marinas and other boat storage facilities and services as well as in nautical tourism.
Whether Government or private sector, if your organisation is planning a conference, seminar, workshop or the like and requires a qualified and experienced professional for a key-note address or a presentation about a specific topic, then IMG can introduce you to such a speaker in your region or further afield as may be necessary.
Please contact the IMG Secretariat with any request for a speaker and include the following details:-
- Name of Organisation and Contact Details
- Title of Conference, Seminar, Workshop
- Date/s and Location of Event
- Required/ Suggested Subject for Key-Note Address or Presentation
- Whether local/regional/international speaker acceptable
The IMG Secretariat will be pleased to circulate your request to appropriate IMG members requesting an "expression of interest" in response, following which an introduction to those members will be given to you for further contact. IMG does not charge any fees for this service.
Hosting an IMG Meeting
Consider hosting an ICOMIA Marinas Group (IMG) meeting and obtain the benefits of working and interacting with IMG members with international expertise in marina and boat storage development, management and education.
The IMG normally meets 2 to 3 times per annum. The meetings are generally held in April/May and September/October each year with an occasional third meeting in some years coinciding with a special international event.
In keeping with its Mission Statement, these meetings are held in various locations around the world to facilitate the sharing and exchange of marina and boat storage development and management information and educational opportunities with other interested organisations and Governments on a global basis.
As an important part of its Outreach & Support Program, in attending IMG meetings, IMG members are available to meet with local industry associations and participants, development organisations, Government authorities and others seeking to exchange knowledge and information about marina planning, development and operations.
Accordingly IMG would welcome invitations from the industry, Government or private sectors in any region to host a meeting of IMG, the program for which is usually:-
Day 1: Meeting with local organisations, industry participants, developers, Government and other parties interested in marina and boat storage development and management.
Day 2: A meaningful working field visit to existing local marina and boat storage sites and/or potential development sites.
Day 3: IMG Meeting with attendance of representatives from host region.
No fees are required by IMG or by IMG members for their work with you. The basic requirements for hosting an IMG meeting program as described above are:-
- Sponsoring the charges for meeting room/s, morning/afternoon teas and lunches for each day and if possible for one joint session dinner;
- Providing local transport if required for the working field visit;
If your organisation would like to host an IMG meeting and working visit to your region please contact the IMG Secretariat with a brief outline and details of your invitation.
Hosting a World Marinas Conference
As the key initiative of the ICOMIA Marina Group's Outreach & Support Program, every third year the Group organises and presents its major industry event, the ICOMIA World Marinas Conference.
Aimed at marina owners, operators, developers, consultants, service providers, Government officials, equipment manufacturers, nautical tourism promoters, and port and harbour operators, the triennial World Marinas Conference draws over 350 delegates and speakers and some 60 exhibitors from around the globe.
In keeping with its global perspective the World Marinas Conference has been presented in the following cities:
- 1993 Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
- 1996 Genoa (Italy)
- 1999 Fort Lauderdale (USA)
- 2002 Sydney (Australia)
- 2005 San Diego (USA)
- 2008 Ostend (Belgium)
- 2011 Singapore
World Marinas Conference 2014 | 2 - 4 June | Istanbul Turkey - The next World Marinas Conference is presented by the ICOMIA Marinas Group, together with renowned event organiser, Amsterdam RAI and ICOMIA member, Turkish Marine Industry Association, DENTUR.
The ICOMIA Marinas Group welcomes enquiries for the hosting of its World Marinas Conference under the following conditions:-
- The host applicant must be an organisation with current membership of ICOMIA or current membership of the ICOMIA Marinas Group (IMG)
- The organising committee for the conference will be agreed by the IMG and will include some members of IMG including the IMG President and Treasurer
- The conference organising committee will be managed, maintained and administered by the host organisation which will be responsible to the IMG
- The conference organising committee will be responsible for the conference budget including sponsorship revenues
- The host organisation and ICOMIA will share any net surplus from the event on a 50/50 ratio but in the unexpected circumstance that there is a net deficit from the event then the host organisation agrees to underwrite the total deficit so that there is no cost to ICOMIA nor to the IMG
The ICOMIA World Marinas Conference is not only a prestigious event but one which will draw well over 300 marina professionals to your region in support of your country's marina industry and industry development.
If your organisation would like to host an ICOMIA World Marinas Conference please contact the IMG Secretariat with a brief outline of your invitation and (having regard to the years shown above) the nominated year in which your organisation seeks to stage the event.